Last updated: August, 2021
As the data controller, we have prepared this data protection declaration to inform you about the type, scope and purpose of the processing of personal data in connection with our website, in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR).
"Personal data" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or by reference to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
"Processing" means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether by automated means or not, such as collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, adapting or altering, retrieving, consulting, use, disclosing by transmission, disseminating or otherwise making available, aligning or combining, restricting, erasing or destroying;
"Controller" means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and methods of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and methods of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or where the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law;
"Recipient" means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data is disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data as part of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; these public authorities shall process this data in accordance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing;
Contact details of the company privacy officer
We process personal data on the basis of at least one of the following legal bases:
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR);
- Performance of a contract with the data subject or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the data subject (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR);
- Compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. c GDPR);
- Protection of our legitimate interests or those of a third party (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR)
The following information refers to the legal basis of the individual processing steps contained in this data protection declaration.
Forwarding of data to recipients
We forward personal data to recipients (contractors or other third parties) only to the required extent and only under one of the following conditions:
- The data subject has consented to the transfer;
- The transfer is for the fulfillment of contractual obligations or pre-contractual measures on the initiative of the data subject;
- We are legally obliged to make the transfer;
- The transfer is made on the basis of our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
The transfer of personal data to a country or an international organization outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) is subject to legal or contractual permissions only in accordance with the conditions of Art. 44 ff. GDPR. This means, that for the country concerned, there is an adequacy resolution of the EU Commission according to Art. 45 GDPR, there are suitable guarantees for data protection according to Art. 46 GDPR or there are binding internal data protection regulations according to Art. 47 GDPR.
Rights of data subjects
As a data subject who resides in the EU, you have the following rights:
- According to Art. 15 GDPR, you can request information about your personal data processed by us. Furthermore, you can request information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of processed personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned period for which the personal data will be stored or the criteria for determining that period, the origin of your data, if this data was not collected from you, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information on its details such as logic, scope and effects, the existence of a right to rectification or erasure of data concerning you, the right to restrict processing or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Finally, you have a right to know whether personal data has been transferred to a third country or to an international organization and, if so, the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer;
- According to Art. 16 GDPR, you can demand the immediate rectification of incorrect personal data or the completion of your personal data stored with us;
- According to Art. 17 GDPR, you can request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- According to Art. 18 GDPR, you can demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of it and we no longer need the data, you need the data which is no longer needed by us for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, pending the verification of whether our legitimate grounds for data processing outweigh your interest;
- According to Art. 20 GDPR, you may request the transfer of your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or transfer it to another data controller;
- According to Art. 21 GDPR, you may object to the processing of your personal data if there are grounds for doing so which relate to your particular situation or if you object to processing for direct marketing purposes and the legal basis for processing the personal data are legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR;
- According to art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, you can withdraw your consent to us at any time. As a result, we will no longer be permitted to continue processing the data that was based on this consent in the future;
- According to Art. 77 GDPR, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of the place of your habitual residence, place of work or our registered office.
If you wish to assert the above-mentioned data subject rights, you can contact us or our data protection officer at any time using the contact details above.
Erasure and restriction of personal data
Unless otherwise provided for in this data protection declaration for individual cases, personal data will be erased if this data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or was in any other way processed and if there are no legal obligations that require us to keep it. We will also erase your personal data processed by us upon request, in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR if the conditions described therein are met. If personal data is required for other legally permissible purposes, the data will not be erased, but its processing will be restricted in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR. In the event of a restriction, the data will not be processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to personal data that we must keep for commercial or tax reasons.
We use session cookies to recognize that you have already visited individual pages of our website. These cookies also provide certain functionalities. Session cookies are deleted after you leave our website.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies, which are stored on your device for a specified period of time, to optimize user-friendliness. If you visit our website again to use our services, these cookies will automatically recognize that you have already visited us before and what entries and settings you have made, so you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the above-mentioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests which result from processing the data and the legitimate interests of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Individual processing operations
In order to make our website available to you, we use the services of hosting companies, such as the provision of web servers, storage space, database services, security services and maintenance services.
While doing so, we or our hosting providers process our website users's personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests in providing efficient and secure access to our website in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Access data and log files
When you visit our website or its individual pages, your device's browser automatically sends information to our website server. This information is stored in log files by us or by our hosting provider.
The following information is stored:
- The IP address of the requesting computer,
- The date and time of access,
- The name and URL of the requested file,
- The website from which our site was accessed (referrer URL),
- The browser being used and, if applicable, the type of operating system your computer uses and the name of your access provider.
This data is processed for the following purposes:
- The provision of our website, including all of its features and contents
- To ensure a smooth connection to our website
- To ensure the comfortable use of our website
- To ensure system security and stability
- For anonymized statistical evaluation of user access
- To optimize our website
- For forwarding to law enforcement authorities in the event of unlawful interference or an attack on our systems
- For additional administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the above-described purposes for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data we collect for the purpose of drawing conclusions about a person.
If you use the contact form, you will be asked to provide your name and email address so we can contact you personally. Additional information can be provided voluntarily. In accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, data processing for the purpose of contacting us and responding to your request is based on your voluntary consent. All personal data collected in connection with the contact form will be deleted after responding to your request, unless it is necessary to store this data for the documentation of other processes (for example, for the subsequent conclusion of a contract).
Comments and contributions
When you leave comments or other contributions on our website, your e-mail and IP address will be stored in accordance with our legitimate interests within the scope of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a of the GDPR. The other information is not mandatory. The purpose of storing your e-mail address is so that we can get in touch with you following your comment or contribution and send you any complaints that may invite a position. The use of the comment function is not possible if you do not provide an e-mail address. The email address you provided will be stored, but will not be published with the comment.
Our legitimate interest in requesting and storing an e-mail address relates to security aspects, for example in the event that the author infringes the rights of third parties because of his comment (for example in the event of insults) . In this case, we could be sued ourselves because of the comment or the contribution, and thus have a legitimate interest in the storage of the IP address. This collected personal data will only be shared with law enforcement agencies in the event of a criminal investigation. Such data cannot be passed on to third parties.
Creation of a user account - Registration
You have the option of registering on our website by indicating your e-mail address. Registration is voluntary and complies with Art.6 Para 1 Sentence 1 Letter A GDPR on the basis of your consent to provide this information voluntarily. The other personal data also transmitted come from the relevant input form used for registration. The personal data entered is used for the purposes of our offer as well as for contacting information on the offer and registration. Personal user access will allow you to view and modify your personal data. Your data will be stored as long as you do not delete your user account or until you send us a request to delete your data. If we are obliged to retain your personal data for legal reasons, in particular in the event of tax or commercial regulatory retention periods, you may restrict the processing of your data until the expiration of the corresponding retention period, after which this data will be deleted.
When you register on our site or use your user account, the IP address and time of use will be recorded. The processing of data on the basis of our legitimate interests in the provision of our offer is in accordance with Art.6 Para 1 Sentence 1 Letter F GDPR. Storage is also done for your benefit, to protect you against abuse or other unauthorized use. In principle, this data will not be transmitted to third parties, except within the framework of a contractual obligation provided for by Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a of the GDPR, for the follow-up related to possible complaints, or if we receive a legal request in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR. The IP addresses will be anonymized or deleted, at the latest within 7 days.
Statistics, Analysis and Advertising
This website uses the services of Adcash OÜ to integrate advertisements. Adcash OÜ employs cookies and web beacons for the recognition and analysis of the page visit. Web beacons are small, non-visible graphic files that analyze information, such as clicks on advertisements or traffic on web pages. This service detects the IP address with which you visited our Internet pages and, where applicable, the data necessary for Adcash OÜ to provide the advertisements. The IP address transmitted by your browser, in connection with Adcash OÜ, will in no way be linked to other data by Adcash OÜ. In addition, this information may possibly be passed on to third parties, if required by law or if third parties process this data on our behalf or on behalf of Adcash OÜ. You can prevent the storage of cookies by making specific settings in your browser. We would like to inform you, however, that you may no longer be able to use all the features of this website.
Sign-in with Facebook Connect and Google
Facebook Connect - If a File-PDF.it user has a Facebook profile, they can visit our website to create a user account or to register using the social plugin "Facebook Connect" of the social network Facebook, published by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA ("Facebook"), under the so-called single sign-on technique.
Google - If a File-PDF.it user has a Google account, they can visit our website to create a user account or register using the social plug-in "Google Sign-In" of the social network Google, published by Google Ireland Limited, Google Building Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland ("Google"), as part of the so-called single sign-on technology.